Thursday, May 28, 2009

The GT3 Class.






I was fortunate enough to go on a recent photo shoot up in the Glendora mountains with two of the finest Gt3’s I’ve seen . After a quick glance at these two cars you can see why in addition to the beautiful backdrop of the Glendora mountains that this is picture perfect. The Gt3’s you see here have been meticulously taken care of, just eye candy for the owners garage. I guess if you are in the income bracket where you can have a Gt3 as a weekend car , you must be doing something right. But back to the car’s, they are both GT3’s but one is a late model 2001 996 Porsche Gt3 (Dark Metallic Grey) and the other is the newer successor a 2004 997 GT3 (Silver). Honestly if I had to choose between these two cars hands down I would go with the 997 every time. I mean its just so sexy, the fact that Porsche has a patent on this unique shape with its sweeping lines and its unmistakable bug eyes, that can be pointed out in a parking lot full of Sport utility vehicles is a unique feature to have . And for some reason every time I come across one I just fall in love with it all over again. Don’t even get me started how the German’s seem to always extract more horsepower out of that 3.8L flat six is mind boggling. The Photo shoot was a blast, our Photographer Mike Febbo had a vision of what he wanted and the end result was nothing short of spectacular. These pictures don’t do the cars justice , if only these pictures had a sound clip to go along with, the high pitch sounding 997 and the low burble of the 996 both naturally aspirated was just music to my ears. Hearing these two cars going thru some the tightest twisties of the canyons was amazing. With out further a due here are some of the pics. Enjoy!

No comments: